Glenvale Waste is committed to promoting sustainability.
Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to Glenvale Waste’s professional activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities.
Glenvale Waste aims to move towards a more sustainable way of operating by taking a positive solutions orientated approach. We accept that natural resources are the basis of life itself and together with the environment created by humans; they are the sources of our social and economic opportunities, health and prosperity.
We accept the need to work pro-actively to the challenges of climate change, to reduce our use of resources, prevent pollution, minimise damage to natural habitats and wildlife and to protect the human environment from which we derive thereby creating a sense of well-being.
Glenvale Waste will comply with all environmental legislation and regulations, to set indicators and targets through our environmental policy in conjunction with this policy and to communicate to all staff and to review and seek continual improvement.
This policy recognises that for good governance and good corporate management that:
- Social, economic and environmental issues must be integrated and delivered in a joined up way
- Activities must be planned for the long term
- Negative impacts on adjacent areas, local and global, must be minimised
- Pro-active measurements are essential to ensure environmental objectives are met.
We offer a wide range of drain and sewer services and you can check out our customer testimonials.
Glenvale Waste recognises the importance of natural resources and well-being gained from the environment we have created, and seeks to play a leadership role with others by integrating this policy into each area of activity – setting an example though its staff, transport and other operations.
This will ensure that these environments and the well-being associated with them are:
- Recognised and supported
- Commensurate with the changing values, aspirations and needs of the current and future generations
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
- To operate switch off policy for company vehicles
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment.
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.
- ‘Switch Off’ policy for office equipment at end of the day.
Glenvale Waste are certified to SAFE-T-CERT and ISO 14001:2105 for the Provision of Drain and Sewer Services.
You can call us at any time to attend an emergency call out, 24×7 on +44 (0) 78 5194 3302.
Leading providers of drain and sewer services across Ulster and the Dublin region
Keeping the Environment Clean for All
We’re certified to SAFE-T-CERT and ISO 14001:2105 for the Provision of Drain and Sewer Services.